"I am mirror writing the Constitution of India." - Dr Amrin Khan

 

Dr Amrin Khan


I am an Engineer and have pursued my Master's Degree recently. Currently, I'm working in a multinational company as a product manager for Microsoft. Apart from that, I have a world record in mirror writing in the 'India Book of Records' and 'Asia Book of Records'


Being among the top 100 record-holders who represented India in the 19th rank, I've also completed my honorary Ph.D. in mirror writing, in different languages. It was the world's 1st Ph.D. in mirror writing and I am the only person to pursue it in this field. Currently, I am writing the 'Constitution of India' in mirror writing, in English, which will set another record.

It is not something that I have learned but when I started writing, in general, I used to write it in reverse in mirror form. Being educated in a Marathi Medium Convent School, my mother used to teach me to write normally, following the school standards.


During my early years, I was not able to write and understand things properly so the teachers suggested my parents to enroll me in a special school. But my mother believed in me and still enrolled me in a normal Marathi medium school.


In return for that faith, I turned the table around and proved my teachers wrong by becoming a University Topper every semester. Also, I was the school topper in 10th and 12th with 90+ percentile. 


But still, there was tension with my mother for me to write normally.

 

I discovered my talent when I was in 4th grade and was sitting in front of a mirror, wondering how my handwriting would look if reversed. At that moment, I discovered that my handwriting was normal in the mirror. That moment was so magical, I can't describe it in words. It literally changed everything for me!


I started trying writing reverse in other languages and eventually, my speed increased so much that I could write in dictation speed. 


I exhibited my talent and everyone was shocked and amazed to see something different. After seeing my talent everyone told my parents to encourage me and give me some support as this could seriously impact my life for good.


I never thought that mirror writing would be a talent or considered as a talent. There was an event conducted by Lokmat Media ‘Yuva’s got talent' and my mother encouraged me to take part in it as this is included in some kind of talent. I was amongst the finalist in the competition and also won a cash prize of Rs.50,000.

For me, mirror writing was a passion and I did it for myself and not for any recognition or any rewards as it made me happy. I learned one thing, whenever you are doing anything with your passion and with all your heart the result will automatically come.

Whatever happened with me was like a miracle to me as I did not expect any big thing to happen to me but it all happened because of the passion that I enrolled in. 


I just wanted to do it and I will give it my best shot. In 2017 I got the 'Unique book of records' and the same year I got to know that I am among the top 100 record holders of India in the 19th rank. In 2018 I got a chance to get my Ph.D. in mirror writing and no one could guide me in that and hence I had to make my own thesis so that I could guide any other student doing their Ph.D. in mirror writing.


Later my thesis was checked and validated by the World record University in the USA. I was honored with my Ph.D. in mirror writing at a conference in Vietnam on 26th August.


I was an introverted, imperious girl who was body-shamed in my childhood days and everyone always reminded me that I am a girl and that’s why I studied in Marathi medium.


Everyone used to point at me saying that she is a special child and that’s why she was taken out of school. From that journey, I become an extrovert, a public speaker, and a university topper, and pursuing my career my hobby had turned into my talent and then into my identity. 


Whatsoever you do in your life is good for you, I used to regret some things in my life but later on, I realized that the things that didn’t happen with me were good for me and I’m grateful for whatever I have right now with me and I always wanted that.

My motto of life which I always follow is 'You should give your best in what you are trying and what you are doing and it should be without any expectation of fame and reward'.


Whenever you give your 100% to anything be it your passion or your career it always shows up.


Expectations kill yourself so don’t expect any rewards just give your 100% and the result will always come and it’s applicable in every aspect of life.

Post a Comment

0 Comments