"Always think that what you can do for the world, and eventually you will find your passion." - Pranay Wankhede

 

Pranay Wankhede

I am Pranay Wankhede - an entrepreneur, product manager, educator and podcaster. I am a mechanical engineer by qualification and a creator/maker by profession. Currently, I am building a metaverse of virtual events on ExpoSim as a Product Manager and also running a podcast "The Pranay Wankhede Show". I have also written an eBook "What Can I Learn?" -  that will help you learn and extract the most from daily life activities and will also help you develop your people skills. Working with various for-profit and non-profit organizations for social causes like Mental Health, Gender Equality, Leadership Development, etc. I have impacted around 5000+ youths and helped them in developing their leadership and finding their passion.I have also mentored students in Entrepreneurship under the PM - YUVA program by the Govt. of India and helped them build their startups.My work at The Stage - HIRO was also featured in various newspapers and magazines.I am also an advocate of Gender Equality and my life's philosophy is "Think not what the world can do for you - but what you can do for the world."Due to my interest in technology and automobile I choose to do Mechanical Engineering after my 12th. And this is the time when I came across a word called as "Entrepreneur" in the first year of my BE in Mechanical Engineering. I wasn't aware about the word before that but I always had interest in creating and building things.I have done several virtual internships in content writing, management and marketing during my second year of mechanical engineering just to explore different domains. I failed a lot time while doing these internships becaue I was not able to talk to people and sometimes I had to speak in front of the class. It was difficult for me to do that because I had never spoke in front of any audience never in my school as well. But I kept pushing myself. And then came the turning point of my life. During the starting of my 3rd year, I joined an organization called The Climber. The organization was working on helping students to discover and pursue their passion. I joined the organization as the Organizing Committee member for the event called as Indian Youth Conclave. My position was the entry level position in the organization. But I got to meet a lot of people there. We successfully organized the event. But one amazing thing that I found was the change in me. I wasn't the same as I was before joining the organization. I got developed in communicating with others and also started getting good command on English.After the event, I went to bangalore for an internship where I worked with the same company and expanded their operations in the new city called Indore. As this was a startup, I learned a lot there about startups and product and marketing and business development. Within a year of joining the organization, I became the Vice-President and the marketing head of the city. I reached from the lowest position to the second highest position just one year. During my tenure, I impacted around 1500+ youths to make better career choices.Now I was not facing problems of public speaking. I was able to speak in front of 200-300 people. But one thing that I always observed during my work with all these organizations that my fellow classmates are also struggling with communication, public speaking, leadership skills, problem solving skills, etc. I found this problem in every other student of my class. I always wanted to help them and that's why I started The Stage, my skill development startup working on helping students in their personal and professional growth. I started The Stage during my final year of engineering because I had also been through the same problem and I always wanted to help them. Through our events, workshops and online learning platform, we have impacted around 500+ students across country. After graduation, I continued working for the startup but then it eventually failed and I stopped working for it.  It was hard but then I had to. And this wasn’t the end. The creator and maker inside me always wanted to help students because I do not want them to face the same problem like me.So I wrote an ebook, “What Can I Learn?” and gave it free to everyone. Got more than 500 downloads of the ebook and then I decided to start my own podcast “The Pranay Wankhede Show” so that I can share some valuable content with young people.So the journey as a maker and creator is still going. I create small courses and products for people to use. Will be soon releasing the new products on my website.There is not good time to do the things that you always wanted to do. The only good time is when you do it. So if you are planning to start something like your blog, your business, your youtube channel then just start with it. You will learn things on the way. Always think that what you can do for the world, and eventually you will find your passion.

Post a Comment

0 Comments