“Believe in YOU kept me alive!" - Disha Chugani

Disha Chugani


My name is Disha Chugani and I am the founder of 'Roove'. This Nagpur-based venture is proudly in action since 2018.


Since childhood, art and craft, doodling was my therapy (it helped me more than any soothing music ever could). I took commerce and with no interest enrolled myself in CA classes. I always knew I wasn’t meant for it but back then choosing a vocational course as your profession was still not appreciated to a satisfactory extent. 


I went into depression, stopped talking to everyone around me as my grades were the saddest. I took admission to LAD and did my bachelor's in interiors. (Trust me.. there were judgments) .. but I did sail well. Started working post getting placed in campus recruitment in Nagpur itself. In 2018 randomly experimented by keeping some of my creations in an exhibition just before Diwali... wasn't encouraged and was not very sure but...Unexpectedly got an amazing response and that’s when I knew that Roove had to go professionally out there! Had a rough patch with experiments and whatnot.. but it was fine.. 


In 2020....With no professional notice ...was asked to leave my job where I was the Senior Designer.. due to Covid. With no jobs due to the obvious situations we all had..and some financial tensions I again was all low. Then I planned to make the side thing “Roove” my permanent one. Worked really hard.. kept experimenting, learning.. did fail but again tried and in a year covered many new things which were fit for my portfolio. Got many questions, comments, and judgments.. “why did you do bachelors if you didn’t want to continue”... “what you’re doing is uncertain” but post a year of working hard.. today I manage many professional accounts.. have more than 10 new feathers on my cap.. have my dreams and visions coming to reality and my work speaks for me! It’s okay to experiment and trust yourself.


It’s important for us to chase our dreams... that’s what I am doing... “Believe in YOU” kept me alive!

Post a Comment

0 Comments