"There is only one rule of art and that is "There is No Rule"-Shweta Sharma

Shweta Sharma

 There are certain things in life that people do and they don’t know why they are doing it. Instead of following the crowd, applying the logic that people have already applied; they let their heart speak out, “re-explore” things in their own way and choose to apply their own reasoning. They allow doors to open into rooms that are unfamiliar and make them “see” the world in the purest form.


I do not remember what pushed me into arts but yes, I can definitely tell you how ART MADE ME. So what’s my story? As a five year old, I was always fascinated with how art is created. Since then, I have been interested in aestheticism, embellishment and most importantly a story that a piece of art entails. For a period I thought I was the one making art but with time I realised it was art that made me. No doubt, there were people who ruined it, saying that it’s just a pastime and I am not going to excel in it but these things didn’t stop me from doing it. All I knew was it brings me peace, I enjoy it to the core and my love for it will increase. As I grew, I wanted to pursue a degree in art but my parents wanted me to opt for a “real degree” so I took up architecture for my U.G., and bagged university acknowledgment for my performance. During this entire period of my life, the only thing that stood constant with me was art and all this time I was motivated to work on my own skills and create something new. My thesis turned out to be a point which made me realise that my heart and soul rested in arts, and only arts - the only thing that I wish to live with and smile along while I am on my deathbed.


After graduation, I applied for a typical 9-5 job in 2018 but I said no to all those firms where I was selected (stupidity? I don’t think so). I started my own business of art and design in December 2018 – being a self trained artist, I knew that this is something I have truly worked on over the period of time and with my experience everything else will follow. It’s just my undying love and passion for art that made me cross mountains. I indulged in posting my creations online/offline and I am grateful to have received countless appreciation from my peers, teachers and even some celebrities. I have exhibited my art on a national level platform, got felicitated with memento/awards and praised with beautiful words from celebrities like Rajat Kapoor, Raghubir Yadav, Piyush Mishra etc. followed by the immense support of my family and my lovely audience. All the appreciation kept me going and I have come to that, that I have turned it into my full time career. Making my living as a professional freelancing artist and designer has been truly gratifying and satisfying for me.


What am I up to now? The way I’ve analyzed my journey so far, my ultimate aim is to bring back the authenticity of art which has been lost over the time. There’s “again” a need to understand that art is more about feelings, thoughts, it’s revolutionary and not just a piece which gets you money.


It’s all about what you see and feel. Art is something that helps me escape worldly nuisance. It being a process, allows me to express my emotions, thoughts and observations. I believe it is an amazing way of communication amongst people and makes them think about selves as well as the society. It’s a representation of our own perception, something that helps us grow. I experience every time that art provides me the freedom and confidence of moving ahead in my life no matter what comes my way and in my opinion, there is only one rule of art and that is,”THERE IS NO RULE.” 

Post a Comment

0 Comments