"My transformation journey has taught me how important it is to take care of yourself and your body to live a happy life." - Ashay Nalamwar

 

Ashay Nalamwar

My name is Ashay Nalamwar and I am an entrepreneur, a Yoga practitioner, and a trainer. I am also a Civil engineer and an MBA graduate. I have been doing Yoga for the past 2 years now and it has completely changed me as a person.


I completed my MBA in construction management in 2020 post which I worked with an MNC for 1.5 years while also building my side hustle and then in 2021 I quit my job to pursue my business.


With all the things going around me in terms of education and my business, I had totally neglected my habits and there was no fixed routine in my life. I was always a healthy kid who struggled with bodyweight issues, fat-shaming, and whatnot, and I had become so used to it that it had become my identity. At such a young age, I had started developing issues like joint pain, lethargy, low stamina, and acidity which I realized was not good for me. I always tried to seek guidance for my increasing weight but failed to get a proper solution to resolve my problem. 


I followed random diets and workouts available on the internet but failed miserably because they were just not made for me. Just then, the COVID pandemic happened and I had to come back to Nagpur from Pune. That was the time when for the first time in my life, my parents showed some concern about my appearance and body weight and I realized that I was actually at my heaviest standing at 97 kilos.


That’s when I decided to take things into my hand and to stop seeking any external help. I started my research for different diet forms and workout types and made a diet plan that was tailor-made for me. I thought about various forms of workouts and due to the lack of resources because of covid, I decided to try my hand at YOGA. This decision taken due to lack of resources changed my life completely. 


I started practicing Yoga all by myself, slowly and steadily learning something new every single day. I began watching hours of yoga videos, reading articles and books, and then inculcating all that knowledge into my practice. I could see the magic Yoga was bringing in my life. I became more focused on achieving my goal and it helped me control my reactions to all the distractions of life. As I got deeper into the practice of Yoga, I also started practicing Pranayama and Meditation which actually made a lot of difference in me.


It was as if, I have taken a 180 degrees turn and I became a completely new individual. So, after consistently following my Yoga practice and a healthy diet I lost around 23 kilos in 10 months and just like that 2020 completely changed my life. Today, I stand in front of you From being apprehensive about my body to become the most confident person in the room.

From not being able to do a single push-up properly to doing 50 at a time.

From eating absolutely anything on the table to being mindful while eating and having a good relationship with food. I believe my Yoga and meditation practice has given me all the mental capacity that I needed to transform myself, it made me more focused and dedicated, it showed me what I actually want in life.


My transformation journey has taught me a lot of valuable lessons. It has taught me how important it is to take care of yourself and your body to live a happy life. In this entire process, I became more grateful for all that I have in my life. One thing that I appreciate the most in life is my family who has always been very supportive and respectful towards all my life decisions. There will be various challenges that you will face in accomplishing something but, with the support of your loved ones the journey becomes beautiful.


Through my experience, I have learned one thing, that it is never too late to do something. Never wait for that perfect moment to begin doing what you want, that moment is never gonna arrive.


 Just trust yourself and trust the process and take that first step. After a few years when you look back, you are going to be proud of yourselves for taking that decision which made your life better today and also never stresses too much about anything in life. things fall into place, you just need to be consistent.

Post a Comment

0 Comments