Kunal Deo


It all started when my mother asked me if I wanted to learn how to play the keyboard and I was like, "Yeah okay, I'll give it a try" and I started my classes. After a year or two I started getting better and better, I competed in several competitions. Though I didn't win any of them at first, I knew I just had to keep going on. When I was in 9th grade, I went to Bangkok for a competition where musicians from all over India were competing. On the day we were leaving for Bangkok, I got a terrible fever and could not even walk. My parents wanted to cancel the trip but I didn't wanna give up.

So, they somehow carried me through the entire journey from Nagpur to Bangkok. I rested in the hotel for 2 days without eating food and only having my pills. I had low motivation but I knew I could recover. On the day of the competition, my hands were shaking and I was still sick but I knew it was now or never. I made up my mind and went into the auditorium and I still remember that auditorium, it was the biggest one I had ever seen.

When it was time to perform, I walked up on the stage, set up my keyboard and took a deep breath, I had been working hard for this! There was no way this could go wrong. I streched my fingers and started playing. After my performance was over, I still remember the audience clapping for me, It was finally done. I packed up my keyboard and went back to the hotel to rest.
When the results were about to be announced , I was very nervous as I was competing with some great musicians who had played flawlessly. It was nerve-racking, All the prizes were announced and then came my category. My heart was pounding. "The first prize goes to..... KUNAL DEO!" I swear I cried. All my efforts had been rewarded. It was the best moment of my life.

Don't give up on yourself and your dreams, work hard and see how life will gift you treasures full of happiness and success.