"Its okay to not have Certainty in your Career." - Dolly Patel

Dolly Patel


I was living a pretty simple life just like any other girl but then just like everyone, Covid happened and it changed me and my life inside out. 


To begin with, I am Dolly Suchak Patel, recently married a year back just before covid struck our life. My educational background includes being a Josephite, then pursuing my graduation in Bachelor of Engineering ( BE) followed by Post Graduation in Master of Business Management ( MBA )


It was during my Engineering when I first took any fitness coaching like Zumba. Despite having a hectic day with studies and assignments I used to somehow have the zeal and energy to go to a Zumba session, though I used to be super tired and knowing that after the Zumba class I would have a lot to work on regarding my studies but still I used to manage it every day without any complaints.


 And soon after a duration of 3-4months, I started taking Zumba classes for girls and women just like me, we all knew our day was scheduled with work one after the another but we all were each other’s strength and motivation to keep going day after day and reaching towards our goal. In the sessions, we not only made a good relationship with one another but also helped each other to grow and achieve our goals in life.


I took a break from Fitness Coaching during my Post Graduation and Job period. As the day was jam-packed, I couldn’t manage taking out time to conduct Zumba sessions or even reach a gym for myself. Lately by the end of my first year I first attended an art of living course, this was when I was introduced to a whole another fitness stream i.e Yoga. Ever since then I started practicing yoga and became keen on it. 


Like every teenager, my life was also going in the direction I never thought or planned for. To be true, I never had a plan or a goal set target in my life. I never knew what I wanna do in my life as a career choice or what dream status of work profession I want to take until covid happened. I was messed up with chasing different interests of my mind all the time. I’ve done Fashion Designing as one of the areas of my interests thinking that pursuing this might help me figure out what I wanna do in life, but no this was just an add-on in my resume nothing more than that. Lately that year I was offered a job in an IT company in Pune, and then at that moment, I felt like, yes, this is it, this is something I’ve been waiting for my whole life.


 A turning point that would help me get certainty in my career as I was moving to a new city all alone, leaving my family and my comfort zone I was all on my own now, for the very first time in my life I stepped outside my cocoon. Little did I know, working under someone round the clock with every day being the same was not something I was looking for in my life. Six months were done of this monotonous work life and then I decided to quit yet again as I was not happy, I was just living it for a namesake and nothing else. 


Back then, I came back to my city, Nagpur. Every day I used to think and think over the same thing. Why me, am I the only one who is not sorted in her life, everyone is doing great, they know what they want, what they wanna do, what their passion is. And I was sitting there blank all again hitting the rock bottom.


As I had no studying or working career being there, in that duration I started practicing my Zumba and yoga once again and that is how it all began. Before I could turn it into my profession I was hitched and it was the time of getting married. Though I was jobless or career less like I would say, I did have my mental sanity to get married because somehow I knew by then that I will work on my Fitness Coaching again and resume taking sessions for everyone. 


Eventually, I realized, one should always know that when you hit rock bottom do not get sad or depressed for you don’t know why you reached there in the first place. Never in my life, I had thought of making Fitness Coaching my profession but then when covid happened I had no business or job, I had a monotonous day with each night questioning me what I’m doing in my life, is this the way how it’s all gonna be for the rest of my life. That feeling of anxiety and depression started killing me inside with each passing night. 


Rather than crying over the same every night, I decided to make the most of this lockdown. I started getting certified for different courses which including being a dietician, yogini, and Zumba instructor. With working on my certifications I knew then that yes this was something I am keen on, no matter what living a healthy lifestyle is what I always wanted. Without wasting any more time I started looking out for a place to open up my fitness studio and as soon the lockdown was eased I started the work at my studio.


D’Diva - Women Fitness Studio is not just a workplace to me but a platform to know every woman and help them gain a healthy lifestyle and make them feel confident. I just want to say a small thing to every woman out there, no matter what you’ve been through no matter how your life is, take out time for yourself not for just being fit, but for being able to step out and feel confident with your body and soul.


Lastly, I want everyone to know this - it’s okay to not know what your future goals are, it’s okay not to have certainty in your career, it’s okay not knowing what you want to become in your life and where you want to work, it’s okay not knowing what your dream profession is or dream job or company is. Eventually when the time is right life will open up all the doors in front of you and then at that moment, all you need to do is working as hard as you can to reach your destiny.

Post a Comment

0 Comments