"Grab the opportunities and grow from your mistakes."-Akshay Dahakey

 

Akshay Dahake


I heard a lot about how finding your true self is really hard, no doubt it is but making yourself walk on the path of who you are and what you really want to be will always be a challenge. Not everyone wants to keep going on a path which is rather difficult but trust me, it is always worth it. Finding your artistic side is one of the best discoveries a human can do because not only does art heals but it also motivates you, KEEP CREATING till your works feel like a masterpiece to you.

Coming from a middle class background it was way too obvious of me picking up engineering though I never intended to have a “traditional education”.I studied engineering for only 2.5 years, during an college event, a friend of mine brought his camera and I used it for a whole day and it felt like a fresh breeze, It felt nice enough to make me think about exploring myself in this field. It all started with a phone, Samsung Grand 2 and by the end of 2016 I bought a Canon of my own. I self taught myself throughout, I did see youtube videos but not too often because you learn better when you experiment more by yourself and while doing this, development happens hand in hand. We all have different visions and hence we all see things differently, so as far as I know being creative with your work depends only on you and no one can teach you that.

When I came back to Nagpur from Mumbai, I started doing music videos on my own and I learned that growing is a process and you have to give yourself and your art time, eventually you will meet like minded people and then you will have your own team. Last year we did back to back 6 music videos and I directed all of them. After a while we got to work with few big advertisements and commercials like fevicol and eventually we worked on a marathi movie named “Prawas”.

This year has brought a lot of difficulties for everyone but amidst all of that, everyone has sometime to be proud, recently we did IPL ANTHEM 2020. In all these years I have learned that you have to grab the opportunities and you have to grow from your mistakes.

In the end I can only say that I am happy that I made the right choice, I feel extremely lucky that my work allows me to experience new things and is taking me places.


Post a Comment

0 Comments