"I'm on a journey to find myself and I wish the journey never ends."-Shivam Pandey

Shivam Pandey

 "I remember the day when I ran in a track event held in my primary school. After the race was over I found myself in the last position; ashamed because I thought that's how a person is supposed to react when they come last. I went back home and my mother found me sitting on the crib, crying my eyes out. She asked me the question that made my tears go away in a zit - "Why do you run?"

The answer was simple - "I love doing it" Running sets me free and makes me feel light and my mother emphasized on how winning and losing is a man-made utopia, the person who does something because they love doing it is the one who enjoys their life to the fullest. "Winning and losing is a part of life, but they don't define who you are"

This little conversation had an impact on me, and I never stopped running, literally. I further went on to represent my school, then my college and finally my state in sprint and short-distance track events.

I learned this lesson and have never seen the world as two segments that are divided by winners and losers but a world that is divided by one which is driven by passion and the one that is not."


Instagram


Post a Comment

0 Comments